10g breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYgiantsRP

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just thinking...i Have a 10 gallon tank sitting around, I was thinking if it was possible to breed Guppies, Snails and Shrimp in the same tank?

I have NO exp breeding, but I was thinking of using the babies as little treats for my new world cichlid/gourami tank.

Would any of them bother the others babies? I know its "fry" but babies just sounds better.

The short answer is yes, but it probably won't be very fruitful. Guppies eat their fry, and they will also eat shrimp fry. The other problem is even if they don't eat all of the fry, the guppies can overpopulate the tank in as little as one birthing.

For best results, a shrimp breeding tank needs to be shrimp only, or at least pick fish that don't eat fry, like otos or plecos. And for best results in a guppy tank you'll want a breeder net, or keep an eye on the fry as soon as they are born and remove them to a different tank.

sometimes the guppies eat shrimp babies,but why just breed guppies for food? at least use the ones meant for being feeders IF you have to.

Well I wasnt going to do JUST to use them as feeders. I always hear guppies are extremley easy to breed, that why I thought of them. I would keep it planted, and filled with hiding spots for the shrimps....well thats IF it worked. I dont know if I want to do it if its only going to be one of the three.

So guppies eat thier fry and will eat shrimp fry too....well than, that wont work. Is there any fish that I could do?

How difficult are ottos to breed?

NYgiantsRP said:
Well I wasnt going to do JUST to use them as feeders. I always hear guppies are extremley easy to breed, that why I thought of them. I would keep it planted, and filled with hiding spots for the shrimps....well thats IF it worked. I dont know if I want to do it if its only going to be one kind of three.

So guppies eat thier fry and will eat shrimp fry too....well than, that wont work. Is there any fish that I could do?

How difficult are ottos to breed?

Exceptionally difficult.

Back
Top Bottom