10g dwarf puffer stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a dwarf puffer last night and put him in my 20g long, right now he is a 1/3 of an inch and i will be setting up his 10g home in a few weeks. Could i get anything to put in with him? I was thinking
5-6 harlequin rasboras
2-3 oto cats
And some low lighting plants
Anubias
Java fern crypts stuff like that. Please tell me if the fish would work with him. Thanks

I got a dwarf puffer last night and put him in my 20g long, right now he is a 1/3 of an inch and i will be setting up his 10g home in a few weeks. Could i get anything to put in with him? I was thinking 5-6 harlequin rasboras 2-3 oto cats And some low lighting plants Anubias Java fern crypts stuff like that. Please tell me if the fish would work with him. Thanks

Otos only AFAIK. Puffers are fin nippers and usually shred tank mates. With lots of plants and sight breaks you might be able to have 2 Puffers in a 10g with good filtration. Messy little fish :)

Otos only AFAIK. Puffers are fin nippers and usually shred tank mates. With lots of plants and sight breaks you might be able to have 2 Puffers in a 10g with good filtration. Messy little fish :)

Could i use a tetra whisper enternal?

Coursair has some great advice. Pretty sure they need about 5 gallons a piece and they want that for themselves. So, two should work good with plenty of sight breaks.

Mine leaves red cherry shrimp alone. Best to add shrimp when puffer is still a juvenile. You will have to wait for tank to mature to get the ottos

Mine leaves red cherry shrimp alone. Best to add shrimp when puffer is still a juvenile. You will have to wait for tank to mature to get the ottos

I knew about the ottos, why when it is still a juvi? How about amonos or ghost shrimp???

Puffers are less aggressive as juveniles. If they grow up with the shrimp they are less likely to see them as food.

I guess mines a full sized, he has been terrorizing my other fish and has taken out many of their tails. :(

Back
Top Bottom