10g ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, well now I'm thinking about turning this into a planted shrimp tank. I'm gonna have to start it soon before I change my mind again, hopefully my lfs gets in some cichlids soon. Anyway, I need a list of plants that would be good for my situation. I'd like a list so that I can go down to my lfs and see what they have that they can order for me. I only have 2x10w tubular although I might get some 13w cfls but I doubt they'd be much of a difference considering I put a 15w cfl on one side and it didn't seem any brighter than the 10w. I'm also not planning on doing CO2 or ferts if I can help it. I'm thinking of doing RCS, CRS, Bumblebee Shrimp, Tiger Shrimp or something along those lines. Also, just curious, do you think I'd be able to keep maybe a small school of neons as well, maybe 6-7? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Any low light plants will work. Anubis, java moss, etc. I would maybe do a DIY Co2. There cheap, easy, and dont take much. Remember that shrimp produce next to none when it comes to waist. You could put neons with them and they wouldnt mess with them. But the babies would be eaten.

Something to think about. Thing about co2, I don't want a ph crash but I'll see about it. What about groundcover plants?

Back
Top Bottom