10g restocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smomus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my son has a 10g tank that we recently lost several fish from. I believe soap residue was accidentally introduced into it by way of the siphon.
Anyway, the fish left are currently in a qt so the 10g can get a thorough cleaning. The surviving are, 2 male platies and 4 mystery snails. It won't be for a few weeks, but what else would be good in this tank? Should I just put more platies in like we had before?

Id do a nano stock or maybe a betta/shrimp tank
CPDs,chili rasboras, and ember tetras are all good choices
You could add maybe two of the mystery snails back in- they produce lots of waste- and some RCS
For a cute, small, algae eater or bottom feeder get 6 dwarf cories or 2 Otos- but for Otos no snails
Scarlet badis are also great little fish
I wouldn't keep plates in anything below a 15g
Here is a suggestion-
6- embers or cpds or chilis
5- dwarf cories
2- scarlet Badis
2- mystery snails
Colony of RCS
You could heavily plant the tank with live plants and driftwood or rocks

emerald76 said:
Id do a nano stock or maybe a betta/shrimp tank
CPDs,chili rasboras, and ember tetras are all good choices
You could add maybe two of the mystery snails back in- they produce lots of waste- and some RCS
For a cute, small, algae eater or bottom feeder get 6 dwarf cories or 2 Otos- but for Otos no snails
Scarlet badis are also great little fish
I wouldn't keep plates in anything below a 15g
Here is a suggestion-
6- embers or cpds or chilis
5- dwarf cories
2- scarlet Badis
2- mystery snails
Colony of RCS
You could heavily plant the tank with live plants and driftwood or rocks

Thanks for the suggestion! I was thinking of throwing some of the snails in my other tank. The platies however don't really have anywhere else to go. unless they would work in my larger community tank that has an angel, various tetras, rainbow shark and a pleco?

What are cpds?
I wish I could do a brackish and get some green spotted puffers, but I know its too small :(

Celestial pearl daino (cpd).
I'd rehome the platys, intro 5 kuhli loaches and either a male betta or dwarf gourami. ;)
Goodluck

smomus said:
Thanks for the suggestion! I was thinking of throwing some of the snails in my other tank. The platies however don't really have anywhere else to go. unless they would work in my larger community tank that has an angel, various tetras, rainbow shark and a pleco?

What are cpds?
I wish I could do a brackish and get some green spotted puffers, but I know its too small :(

I bet they would work in your community
You could do a species tank if you want of either-
Pea puffers- need to fed live snails and are freshwater,2
Dwarf Seahorses- some consider difficult but they may breed for you and you could have 20 or so in a ten gallon tank. No live rock and no corals- you need dry rock/base rock. Lace rock works well. Also they need macro algae or saltwater safe silk plants to hook on to. Fully marine.

Cichlid Kid said:
Celestial pearl daino (cpd).
I'd rehome the platys, intro 5 kuhli loaches and either a male betta or dwarf gourami. ;)
Goodluck

I would NOT add a dwarf gourami or khuli loaches to a ten. The khulis need more room because they are very active. The dwarf gourami is quite sensitive and many die for unknown reasons.

Back
Top Bottom