10g Stocking for Elementary Classroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why not a pair of gold occies? They are pretty colorful, especially the male's breeding colors.

Sent via echolocation

Occies would be good, except that from my understanding they pair off like typical cichlids which means you eventually have to find a way to deal with fry. Multies are colonial and the fry just join the colony, so you can get away with a lot more multies in a smaller space to a degree.

As for hardiness, mine have survived heater malfunctions that swung temperature up to 85 and then down to 60. They're not sensitive to water quality either.

Occies would be good, except that from my understanding they pair off like typical cichlids which means you eventually have to find a way to deal with fry. Multies are colonial and the fry just join the colony, so you can get away with a lot more multies in a smaller space to a degree.

As for hardiness, mine have survived heater malfunctions that swung temperature up to 85 and then down to 60. They're not sensitive to water quality either.

With occies, if you don't remove the fry, the parents will just cannibalize on them

Sent via echolocation

I would prefer from my LFS, but if I could find some from the same sites I will be ordering from, that would be ok. I think my lfs can special order them for me.

Live plants and avoid fishes that eats them really the stocking depends on finance, at one point pupils might pay more attention to some amazing fish tank than to teacher lol only joking

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom