10g stocking help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobishu

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone, i have a 10g, planted, black moon sand base, decent amount of hiding spots. Cycled. Stocking ideas? Schooling and lots of movement are kinda what i was looking for.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, Gouramis are always the way to go. It's hard to get a decent school of fish in a 10 gallon IMO

Hey everyone, i have a 10g, planted, black moon sand base, decent amount of hiding spots. Cycled. Stocking ideas? Schooling and lots of movement are kinda what i was looking for.

Hey you have the start of a great setup there! You could have sparkling gouramis (semi schooling gouramis) ember tetras, chilli rasbora, any microrasbora, celestial pearl danio or (not technically schooling but very active and get along well with others) all male endlers!

I very much like gouramis, i really like the sparkling gouramis, and did not know that they "semi" school. So would let say 3 of those be ok in the tank? For now.

for size and bio load I think you would be fine with 3 gouramis alone in a 10 gallon.

I very much like gouramis, i really like the sparkling gouramis, and did not know that they "semi" school. So would let say 3 of those be ok in the tank? For now.

Yes. I would say up to 5 should be ok

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391497476.941149.jpg
Here's my ongoing list of nano fish I like. Some might argue the threadfins need a larger tank though.

View attachment 220646
Here's my ongoing list of nano fish I like. Some might argue the threadfins need a larger tank though.

I'd be one of those people. Also, the forktail rainbows probably should be in a larger tank as well. Pretty solid list though.

You could have a small school (6-8) of a nano fish along with a shoal of small corys such as panda corys or habrosus corys in a 10g.

U could get some guppies, zebra danios, maybe a small gourami, endlers livebearers are cool looking, I could go on forever with possibilities, but don't get too many

Not zebra danios--they need room to play and a 10 g isn't enough--that is asking for trouble.

Four dwarf cories (corydoras habrosis) and six-eight other nano species would be lovely (a school of a single species).

I'd be a fan myself of getting 5-7 endlers livebearers

I'd be one of those people. Also, the forktail rainbows probably should be in a larger tank as well. Pretty solid list though.

You could have a small school (6-8) of a nano fish along with a shoal of small corys such as panda corys or habrosus corys in a 10g.

No cories. Especially not pandas. You could mayne do the habrousous but....

Back
Top Bottom