10G Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkullAngel

Aquarium Advice Activist
Could this work if I have 1 honey sunset gourami, 3 fancy guppies, 2 long fin red minor tetra, 1 mystery snail, and an couple of ghost shrimp?

IMO, no. That is too much stock and the red minors really don't belong in a 10g tank. They are nippy, especially in such a small space. Without them, that could work IMO. I suggest a nerite snail instead of a mystery snail becaus the nerites have a much smaller bioload. :)

Cool, I was kinda doubtful for the red minor because I read they where fin nippers and that they were best in a group of 5, but I thought that would be a lil crowded

Yeah, red minors are better suited for a 20g tank minimum with hardy tankmates that move fast and don't have long fins. :)

Should I only have one honey sunset gourami, or will he/she might get lonely?

Actually they won't, honey sunset gourami is a species of gourami that aren't aggressive

What if I have 1 honey sunset gourami, 3 fancy guppy, 3 kuhli loach, 2 ballon belly Molly, and ghost shrimp??
Me & my brother still making decisions

SkullAngel said:
What if I have 1 honey sunset gourami, 3 fancy guppy, 3 kuhli loach, 2 ballon belly Molly, and ghost shrimp??

I wouldn't do mollies. They have a large bioload (poop aLOT) and need more space than a 10g. (FYI balloon mollies are actually bred to be deformed and suffer from health issues and can die painful or premature death.)
The kuhlis are a bit iffy. Not too sure if they belong in a 10g
The guppies and honey gourami sound good.

Oh okay thanks, what kind of fish, would you suggest in the tank?
And what about high fin platies?

Actually they won't, honey sunset gourami is a species of gourami that aren't aggressive

That's not true. Even though honey gouramis aren't considered "aggressive" doesn't mean they won't be. From experience I had two gold honey gouramis in a tank four times the size of yours and the male still ended up killing the female.

Some people don't consider khuli loaches appropriate in that tank size, it depends, I always thought they need a 20H Gallon minimum. No mollies, they need 20 Gallons per fish IMO.

Oh okay thanks, what kind of fish, would you suggest in the tank?

I suggest you research what you want in the tank first. Here's something to help you get started:Stocking a 10 Gallon Tank - The Free Freshwater and Saltwater Aquarium Encyclopedia Anyone Can Edit - The Aquarium Wiki

Would it be better to have gravel or sand for just the gourami and guppies? I was thinking of a beach or amazon theme

Lol. Neither matters, but it depends what bottom feeders you want. They would prefer fine gravel or sand. And i would go with drift wood ;)

I have one tropical java fern that im going to keep in my 10G

I have one tropical java fern that im going to keep in my 10G

If you're going to plant it in the substrate, be sure the rhizome is sticking above the surface, otherwise it might die. If you were going to stick it on the driftwood, tie it to there with a piece of thread of fishing line.

It's floating even though it has roots, my fish uproot it -.-

Back
Top Bottom