10g Tank- Overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishygroove

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Everyone,
So I was wondering what people about this setup of fish for a 10g. If it's ok or if I am overstocked and going to have a problem in time.

1 betta
3 cory(peppered, green, juili)
1 albino bristlenose(currently 3/4ths of an inch)
4 tetra(3neon, 1rummynose)
3 ghost shrimp
1 Blue Mystery Snail

I have a topfin multifunctional internal filter which says it filters up to 97gph.
There is some dirftwood, a few rocks for hiding, and a bunch of live plants.
Thanks,
Jay

I would be careful with the Betta. Some can be aggressive.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

I would be careful with the Betta. Some can be aggressive. Other than that I think your fine. I have a little clown pleco (max 3inches) but I'm not a fan of pleco's they are messy.

Caleb

Caleb

Keep an eye on the betta to evaluate his aggressiveness. I can already see those shrimp being a tasty dinner. He may also attack the other fish. It's hit and miss depending on the Betta's personality. Every Betta is different.

Interestingly enough the betta doesnt seem to care about them at all. Even if they bump into him sometimes he doesnt care.

He likes to spend a lot of time sleeping under this plant leaf and ive even seen my cory and him sleep up against eachother!
Not sure if i should be worried about my betta or if he is just really chill :ermm:

Interestingly enough the betta doesnt seem to care about them at all. Even if they bump into him sometimes he doesnt care.

He likes to spend a lot of time sleeping under this plant leaf and ive even seen my cory and him sleep up against eachother!

Not sure if i should be worried about my betta or if he is just really chill :ermm:

He may seem fine now but just keep an eye out.

Caleb

you're good. Every betta is different. Bettas have PERSONALITY and are quite intelligent.

cool, awesome will do. thanks!
but besides any aggression do you think that's a good amount of occupants? too many? to little?
if anything im just a little worried about the albino bristlenose. ive read so many different things about their size and waste online. the people at petsmart said it should be fine but you never know if they are just trying to make the sale.

Bristlenose will need to move, they need a minimum of 20 gallons, way to small for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes that is overstocked. I'd move the BN and exchange the cories which like to shoal with their own kind and get 5 pygmys...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi!
Cories do best in groups of their own species (6+), and should really be in something bigger than a ten gal. If you like little cats you could try aspidoras, Pygmy cories, or otos. It's not the end of the world but they would love the pals and more space.

Back
Top Bottom