10gal ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has good coloring , lol .. This is why I posted in here I got like 50 ideas in my head ... Of corse my daughter wants those glow fish lol ..

125gal Oscar , 56gal African Cichlids , 10gal ???, soon to buy and set up 75gal Central American Cichlid tank

Ooh Ooh Ooh- pearl danios (brachydanio trilineatas, I'm pretty sure my spelling is totally off and I could be quoting a species reference that is outdated) are the most beautiful danio species I have ever seen when in a well planted small aquarium. They are overlooked more often than not so they are usually dirt cheap because they are usually a shade of white/grey and huddle together swimming from one end of the dealer tank to the other. Once you get them in the right setting, though, they turn into an iridescent glowing rainbow version of those jellyfish injected glofish danio. I just picked up 4 of them along with 6 zebra danio as the first group added to my 20g se Asian planted community. They school with the zebras most of the time, but will often break group together to inspect my fine leaf plants. I have an 8 year old daughter who changed her mind from wanting a glofish tank to just wanting a large school of pearls... I have 10 on order, 8 for her and 2 more for my tank. Highly underrated species, very easy to keep and mix well with just about any community tank.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ooh Ooh Ooh- pearl danios (brachydanio trilineatas, I'm pretty sure my spelling is totally off and I could be quoting a species reference that is outdated) are the most beautiful danio species I have ever seen when in a well planted small aquarium. They are overlooked more often than not so they are usually dirt cheap because they are usually a shade of white/grey and huddle together swimming from one end of the dealer tank to the other. Once you get them in the right setting, though, they turn into an iridescent glowing rainbow version of those jellyfish injected glofish danio. I just picked up 4 of them along with 6 zebra danio as the first group added to my 20g se Asian planted community. They school with the zebras most of the time, but will often break group together to inspect my fine leaf plants. I have an 8 year old daughter who changed her mind from wanting a glofish tank to just wanting a large school of pearls... I have 10 on order, 8 for her and 2 more for my tank. Highly underrated species, very easy to keep and mix well with just about any community tank.

Cool I'll look them up ,

125gal Oscar , 56gal African Cichlids , 10gal ???, soon to buy and set up 75gal Central American Cichlid tank

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410049549.893116.jpg

Just googled it and here is one

Planted shrimp tank

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Pair of Apistogramma

I'm a tad bit partial, but have you considered a nano Malaysian stream inspired aquascape? There are so many gorgeous micro species available and I noticed you have the other 2 major aquarist habitats covered in your cichlid tanks ?

Ok so 4 good ideas

The pic doesn't do it justice. The colors shown are the normal darkest shades, however their entire body are those shades throughout, just like their namesake, a pearl, with the sparkle of a diamond.

Yea I googled some more pics and they Are really cool looking ..

I'd personally go with something nano-ish. Your standard Danios like those need some room to swim. Scarlet badis, peacock gudgeons, elassoma species (pygmy sunfish, native fish) like gilberti, or Evergladei, celestial pearl Danios, various other nanos.

Yea , I def like the nano style ..

I have some...they be baby making machines.

Lol, they aren't called "the millions fish" (like their close relatives, guppies). As a cichlid keeper you can thin the numbers by giving some fry for your cichlids to chase.

Man so many ideas , I'm def doing a planted tank ..

I love planted tanks! Do you have any idea on the plants you want yet? I have found a wealth of information from tropica.com ?

Java ferns and moss maybe some anubius , I like the spiral Val's too

My wife loves the frogs , had one or 2 in past tanks ...

I personally love corydoras catfish, they have a lot of personality and you could have a little shoal of 8 to 10 dwarf cory cats in ten with some small tetras, danios, shrimp, or rasboras. Corydoras habrosus and haustatus keep more to the bottom while pygmaeus likes to swim about the mid level. If you are planting the tank with live plants and put in a sand substrate they would love it.

Also, I've never seen one in real life, but I've read about dwarf pufferfish before and depending on how much work you want to put in they might be worth considering. They are very intelligent little carnivores, like densely planted tanks with lots to explore, and will hunt live snails, which might be entertaining for the kids who wanted to watch the glofish. If you didn't mind raising pond snails for them, you could have one or two I think.

Or you could always go with the classic route and get a betta. A planted 10 would be a little heaven for him. You could probably also put in some snails and shrimp too if your bettas not super aggressive. [emoji1]

Lol, my 5.5g Amazon inspired planted has 3 panda cories, 7 rummynose tetra, 5 glowlight tetra and 3 oto cats and is just about self sustaining now- for smaller heavily planted if you do the research right and stumble into good luck nano biotopes are the way to go, in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom