11 gallon tank - Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Qays

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
1. Tank size: 11(US) gallon tank
2. Current filtration: Fluval +2
3. Type of substrate: Fine natural coloured grabel
4. pH of your water: Treated with humaquat (will be slightly acidic)
5. What type of fish you like the most.

Dwarf gourami's
Cory cats (Bronze/Albino)
Neon tetras

My plan was: 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 3 Corys and 5 neons.

Do you think that will work? Thanks for any help!!! :)

I am so not good at picking stocking lists, but I really enjoy platies. I think some could go in there! They are pretty hardy for the beginner,IMO.

bettagirl7 said:
I am so not good at picking stocking lists, but I really enjoy platies. I think some could go in there! They are pretty hardy for the beginner,IMO.

Thanks for the info. I also like platys! but they are supposed to be heavy waste producer so ill pass on them for now!

What do you think of my current list? is it overstocked?

Qays said:
bettagirl7 said:

Thanks for the info. I also like platys! but they are supposed to be heavy waste producer so ill pass on them for now!

What do you think of my current list? is it overstocked?
\

asking me...scary...I hope someone else posts!!!!!!

Well, are you planning to get two male dwarf gouramis? If so I would only plan on getting one. They are in the same families as bettas. If you had a bigger tank you could.

IMO it is alright, but before you buy ANYTHING let someone more expiernced than me tell you. Make sure you read about cycling etc. if you are a newbie.

Thanks bettagirl!

I know all about cycling etc... i have been keeping coldwater fish for 2 yrs (White Cloud mountain minnows)

But now i think im ready for a bigger tank and tropical fish!

If i can i will reallly try to get a single dwarf gourami, but the shop only sells them in pairs!

Qays said:
Thanks bettagirl!

If i can i will reallly try to get a single dwarf gourami, but the shop only sells them in pairs!

Why is that? I've never heard of LFS doing that.

i have a ten gallon tank with 11 different types of tetras and i platy that is pregnant. they dont have that much waste imo. i haven't kept gourami's before so you will need info from someone else but i think your tank is to small for 2 dwarf gourami's but thats my opinion.

I wouldn't put two males gouramis in that small a tank. if you can get a female that would work, unless you get a really temperamental male. The rest of your stocking sounds fine to me.

That stocking should be fine, if one of the gouramis will actually be a female. Neons are known to be sensitive though.

RoK said:
That stocking should be fine, if one of the gouramis will actually be a female. Neons are known to be sensitive though.

One of the gourami's will be a female!

I will gradually build up the stock.

thanks for the help people!

Hello, i have re-thought my stocking ideas.

Will 5 Male guppies, 3 corys and a male platy work?

Back
Top Bottom