120 liters.. german blue ram.. ottos and..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lukie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
And.. im lost for ideas. Some suggestions would be awesome. Thanks

Botia striata, the zebra loach! You mentioned in another thread you have a snail problem so these would be perfect for that. For the upper water you could do prettymuch any sort of tetrta. A fun idea would be dwarf neon rainbowfish!

You've got enough room to comfortably have two schools of 7-9 tetras/ barbs as well as a pair of Rams and as mentioned dwarf loaches or Cory cats. Although if you went the loaches is limit the schools to 7.

Just research everything before you buy it. Rams like soft and warm water around 30 Celsius so base your stocking off that.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the advice. I am steering clear of loaches, and keeping it to one school ( i like light stocking).

Cardianls or neons most likely.. i think theyd contrast well with the ram. :)

What about rummynoses or something like lemon or emperor tetras?

Hmm... I like the looks of Ember Tetras too, sharpaes as well I think they're called?? Would they settle nicely with Ottos and the likes though?

Also what about micro rasboras? I've always been a big fan, and I think the Galaxy Rasbora are amazing.

Serpaes are probably one of the more nippy tetras but people have plenty of success with them. I have rosey tetras which are very similar to serpaes but have some groovy fins and swimming habits.

Galaxy rasboras or celestial pearl danios as they're also known are known for being shy and need heavily planted tanks and large schools to feel comfortable. Although definitely possible tank mates you just wouldn't want to have any other schooling fish with them just to be safe.

Yeah, the AQAdvisor is telling me Galaxy's are a no go, and embers.. simply due to aggresion/temperatures.

A small school of furcata blue eyes would be nice. I've kept them before and they're awesome.

A small school of furcata blue eyes would be nice. I've kept them before and they're awesome.
Along the same line ;
P.gertrudae are a good looking fish also.
Whatever fish you choose , try to get one tolerant of 80+ water if you want your GBR to thrive.
I keep my GBR at 82-86,and this can be a problem for some fish.

Along the same line ;
P.gertrudae are a good looking fish also.
Whatever fish you choose , try to get one tolerant of 80+ water if you want your GBR to thrive.
I keep my GBR at 82-86,and this can be a problem for some fish.

I am loving these! Will have to do a price check.. how uncommon are they?

I can get all kinds of blue eyes easily. I can get:
Pseudomugil furcata
Pseudomugil gertrudae
Pseudomugil paskai
Pseudomugil signifer
And a few others

These are all beautiful fish.

Back
Top Bottom