120 litre ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What type of fish do you like...like make list of some fish you would like and post it here and people can help you out...I'm not a lot of help when it comes to stocking and the number of fish to put in the tank lol but I will try

I like most of the fish you suggested, just not sure about what kind of schooling fish. I would proabably want 2 shoals of fish, some guppies, some cory cats, some shrimp and a Bolivian ram

Ok well you could always do the original neon tetra or cardinal tetra...or you could do bleeding heart tetras or buenos Aries or there are plenty of options lol...now for the guppys I would three or four males since they breed like crazy...and Cory's should be kept in a shoal of at least 5 I think and of course the Bolivian ram will be good and the shrimp...you could do ghost shrimp....which aren't my favorite because they don't clean very well and can be aggressive...I would recommend either cherry shrimp amano shrimp or even bamboo shrimp once your tank is cycled and you have had it running for at least four to six months...the amano and bamboo shrimp won't reproduce and they are bigger so there is more of a chance they won't get eaten...and the cherry shrimp are smaller and will reproduce so if you have plenty of places for them to hide you could do them with not very many becoming a tasty snack for the guppys and Bolivian ram....you could also do a couple nerite snails too if you wanted

Do you think this sounds good?2-4 x Bolivain Rams, Laetacara Curviceps, Laetacara Dorsigera, Checkerboard Cichlids, Apistogrammas etc
5 Guppies
10 Pristella Tetras
8 Panda Cories
8 Amano Shrimp

Ummm ok you could probably do a male and female pair of Bolivian rams however I don't know much about those other fish....and I don't know that just sounds like a lot of fish you should plug it into aquadivsor I think it is called or see if someone else came can tell you if that will work or not

I really like Rummynose tetras, they're really hardy fish, don't need perfect conditions to thrive! I don't own any myself but from other threads rams need pristine water conditions so you'd have to do 2-3 water changes a week if not more!

German blue rams are very high maintenance but Bolivian rams are much more hardy

German blue rams are very high maintenance but Bolivian rams are much more hardy

Ohh see I never knew that!;) I don't have any rams myself, I prefer the GBR but my water parameters fluctuate:(

Yeah they have much more color than the Bolivians

Do you think this sounds good?2-4 x Bolivain Rams, Laetacara Curviceps, Laetacara Dorsigera, Checkerboard Cichlids, Apistogrammas etc
5 Guppies
10 Pristella Tetras
8 Panda Cories
8 Amano Shrimp

This stock sounds okay to me but I would say stick to just one of those Cichlids unless you want a mating pair. Bolivian Rams tend to be fairly hardy fish. I have one myself and he's pretty hardy. I had heard how sensitive they were and was afraid he wouldn't make it home because my LFS was kinda rough handling him. Anyways, I've never had my ram mess with plats or decor. Every now and then he'll move some small rocks around in search of food but that is all. I don't know about any of those other cichlids you mentioned though.

Oh, and if you get guppies, make sure they are all male your they will overtake your tank!

Back
Top Bottom