125 gal setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcpousnret

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All, I bought a 125 gal tank and stand from craigslist. I could use advice on what to use to clean it. Also, What filtration units should I consider for this tank. It will be for freshwater, tropical Ciclids( jack Dempsey) Thanks in advance for you help. Rick

I would use water and vinegar...rinse and repeat depending how nasty it is. Stay away from any chemicals on the inside of tank although you could use a little bleach diluted with water then make sure you use a good water condition like Prime to remove any bleach left behind.

I have a 125 gallon and I have 2 XP3's on it. Keeps it crystal clear. I only have 2 oscars in the tank but they are messy fish when they eat and i have no issues with debris. Would highly recommend them. Also, I cleaned mine with vinegar water as well and that worked wonders.

Great

Thanks again for all the help. The problem now is moving the fish from my 55, taking down the 55 and setting up yhe 125 in the same spot. wish me luck. any tips? By the way, Im a ciclid lover, especially Jack dempsey's

I use Rubbermaid totes to empty the tank water into...transfer the fish, add a heater ,and an airstone and they'll be fine for a day or two if need be. Any longer than a day i would be changing the water in the tote if there is no filter.

Also remember to keep the media in your filter wet so the bactiera does not die but even better is to hook it up to the tote and your container is cycled and can be kept for days if need be.

Back
Top Bottom