125 SA stock planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gillie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked up a 125 a few weeks ago that will be started up when I move in a couple months and I'm going over a few ideas for stocking , what do you guys think?

Rio Negro
Heckel discus
Hemigrammus blerheri
Carnegiella marthae
Corydoras adolfoi
Apistogramma mendezi
Dicrossus filamentosa

Mato Grosso
Mesonauta festivus
Apistogramma borellii
Laetacara dorsigera
Black phantom tetras
Serpae tetras
Sturiosoma barbatus
Corydoras haralschultzi

Rio Nanay
Pterophyllum scalare
Apistogramma eunotus
Apistogramma bitaeniata
Carnegiella strigata
Hyphessobrycon copelandi
Corydoras elegans or reticulatus
Rineloricaria filamentosa

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Get a pair of Uaru, I'd be so jealous. They're my favorite fish but I went the planted route so I couldn't get them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Wild Heckel biotope !!! Sand bottom, driftwood, some Pistia, Salvinia. Cardinal tetras, apistos. Oh I could go on, lol.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Get a pair of Uaru, I'd be so jealous. They're my favorite fish but I went the planted route so I couldn't get them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

As interesting as they are the large odd looking cichlids are Freak's department lol

I'd like to see a discus biotope done right, need something to link all these arrogant noobs too;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd like to see a discus biotope done right, need something to link all these arrogant noobs too;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You'd have to follow Heiko Bleher for a while. Or at least purchase his books.

Lol. Is it the time off from work to take the trip or the overtime to buy the books ?

I've had some pretty heated discussions with him over dwarf cichlid distribution, let's just say I think he's a pompous a**.

I've had some pretty heated discussions with him over dwarf cichlid distribution, let's just say I think he's a pompous a**.

Oh, I see now. I've never had the chance for any communication but knowing this I think I'll hold off.

Oh, I see now. I've never had the chance for any communication but knowing this I think I'll hold off.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I may be the reason he doesn't pop upon the dwarf cichlid forums anymore. He does do great work giving us visuals on biotopes I will give him credit there, but that's where I draw the line.

2 more weeks until I move and this project will start and it looks like the Rio Nanay setup wins(I'm trumped by a little girl in love with angelfish)

Sounds cool following

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I priced driftwood today and I'm looking at almost 400.00 :confused:

That's absurd!!! I would go to my local river and find some nice ones!!!

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I priced driftwood today and I'm looking at almost 400.00 :confused:

Yea that kills me when I look at it. I saw a piece today when I picked up my light. Nice large root stump $219.99

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's absurd!!! I would go to my local river and find some nice ones!!!

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Unfortunately trout unlimited and the boy scouts have teamed up and they have been cleaning up debris from rivers near me, in an effort to improve trout habitat so I've given up trying to find my own wood. Besides I wouldn't pay so much if they weren't absolutely perfect pieces that served the purposes I need them to.

It's crazy how much driftwood is. I live on a lake and i just can't find anything that compares. Most of the stuff just rots it's not worth the effort.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Unfortunately trout unlimited and the boy scouts have teamed up and they have been cleaning up debris from rivers near me, in an effort to improve trout habitat so I've given up trying to find my own wood. Besides I wouldn't pay so much if they weren't absolutely perfect pieces that served the purposes I need them to.

Ok I feel you. But on the bright side at least they care about the environment!!! Are u planning on a planted tank?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Ok I feel you. But on the bright side at least they care about the environment!!! Are u planning on a planted tank?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

This one not so much, probably a few large swords and floaters, it will be a light blackwater setup.

As far as caring for the environment, it seems that although their intentions are good, the trout fishing near me has been not great.

Back
Top Bottom