13 gallon stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TempleofApollo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently bought a second tank and am planning in putting it in my guest room. It's a fairly small 13 gallon tank that I plan on turning into a simple freshwater tropical community.

So my question is what would be a good 'large' fish to keep as the centerpiece in this one. I mean large relative to the size, and I'd like something that would go well with perhaps a couple Cory cats and maybe a small school of danios of tetras.

I have some dwarf gouarmi in my other tank and love them but I figure I'd like to go another route. Looking into larger gouarmi the consensus seemed to be I wanted a 20 gallon for those.

I also considered a pair of angelfish then read up on them and learned that this tank is egregiously small for angels.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeh.. 13 is not much different than a 10g on stocking.

5 Pygmy corydora
5 neon tetra OR harlequin rasboras
1 honey gourami

And call it a day. Aside from a Betta there is not many "big" fish that can go into small tanks like this.

Caleb

That's not a bad selection at all. Thank you!

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Either pygmy or habrosus cories would work in that size tank.

Pygmy spotted rasboras are my favorite small schooling fish. Active yet peaceful and great color!

Back
Top Bottom