14 gal stocking suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rusilja

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey there.

I need some cool fish for my new 14 gallon (54 litre), the L is 23inch.

I already have:

• 4 Cardinal Tetra's
  • 15+ Red Cherry Shrimps
  • 1 SnailEating snail
Any Idea's for fish?

Maybe 5 more cardinals?
I'd like to have something new also

You could get away with more cardinals. Maybe some pond snails or MTS to feed your assassin snail. Half a dozen pygmy cories would go well also.

You could get away with more cardinals. Maybe some pond snails or MTS to feed your assassin snail. Half a dozen pygmy cories would go well also.
I will def. get 3 ore more cardinals, I already have over 20 unwanted snails in my tank, I remove them daily by hand and use them as food for my fish :cool:

I might get the cories or any other cool fish.

I was thinking for 2 gourami's but I think they're a bit too large?

I like rasboras, but I agree about a few more tetras, with about 6 or 7, they will start shoaling and it'd be a lot more fun to watch them darting around as a group.

i agree about more tetras as well, i was planning on doing 10 in our 20 gallon so they will school together, i thought that would be very cool to watch. i think dwarf gouramis would be ok but i've heard they can be aggressive and very susceptible to disease.

Nevermind the gourami's, they'll tear apart my tank and it'll be a mess. I'll stick with small schooling fish. ^^

Your tank looks nice buddy, I like the driftwood and the vals. If you were looking to spruce it up a little, adding a background (I like black but a lot of people like blue) would really make it pop.

Your tank looks nice buddy, I like the driftwood and the vals. If you were looking to spruce it up a little, adding a background (I like black but a lot of people like blue) would really make it pop.
Hehe, thanks, I can't wait untill it's more grown, the java moss and getting a carpet plant soon.

And I was looking for some black background today actualy, couldn't find any, gues I have to improvise ;)

I bought some black velvet material for like 2 bucks and stuck it to the back of my tanks with small pieces of velcro, looks really cool and its easy to remove to clean the back glass.

You also spray paint it with krylon black or blue or green or whatever color you like. On the outside of course. And also you would need to wrap everything you're not painting with masking tape and seal the top so no paint gets in.

well i was thinking maybe some different types of tetras like rummynoses or maybe some guppies or endlers

Thanks for the advices people :rolleyes:

But I'll stick to cardinal tetra's at the moment, I'll buy some end of the month I gues. :-D

Back
Top Bottom