144g Stocking Suggestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still dont have it setup haha. Its HEAVY and im 15 lmao soooo. But im turning my 55 into a sump filter and using pool filter sand.

Ah okay lol. And Yeah, I imagine it is heavy!! LOL. And Haha, i'm 15 too - what a coincidence. :p

And Ohh, that sounds fun!

Lmao indeed lol. And Yeah, I'm sure it will be!

Oh and btw, do you think there's much chance of the Firemouth Fry or the Convict fry surviving (presuming they have babies)? Or do you think the BGKF will just eat them all lol? :p

Ah, I see. Do you think it'd only be the BGKF that would have a chance of eating them, yeah?

Wow, so it looks like i'm getting a predator tank LOL. And Yeah, that's what I was thiniking - but then the BGKF will probably just come out when the Convicts are sleeping.

Then female will usually stay right around the eggs. The male will patrol the outer perimeter. The bgk may be able to get them but i doubt it. They will prob be picked off when older. When they become free swimming you can get a hose and suck them all into another tank if you want to keep them.

Hey again, I was having a look there at the Columbian Shark (Arius jordani) and the Pictus Cat (Pimelodus pictus) and it lead me to wondering about whether or not any of them would be able to go in the tank?

If so, then the stocking list would be as follows:

- 1 Black Ghost Knife Fish
- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 2 Firemouth Cichlids
- 2 Black Convict Cichlids
- 2 Pink Convict Cichlids
- 1 Frontosa Cichlid
- 1 Electric Blue Jack Dempsey
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 4 Bala Sharks
- And then however many of the other ones I mentioned above.

EDIT: After a little more research it appears that catfish may not be the best tankmates for Oscars. Is this true?

Oh good! And Ah, I see - i'll drop the Columbian Shark then. And Hmm, i'll just be sure to be careful then and if I see any bad signs i'll be sure to do something about it!

As for the Pictus Cats though, do you not think that's a bad combo with the Oscar in there?

Hmm, okay then - great!

So:

- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 2 Firemouth Cichlids
- 2 Black Convict Cichlids
- 2 Pink Convict Cichlids
- 1 Frontosa Cichlid
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 4 (or do you think 5?) Bala Sharks
- 4 (or do you think 5?) Pictus Catfish

That is heavily stocked. I would drop either the ebjd or texas and bala or pictus. Or you could go with 1pink con and 1 black con.
Or drop the frontosa because they get big and produce a lot of waste.

What about this then?

Also, will the Convicts still breed with each other if one is pink and one is black?

- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 2 Firemouth Cichlids
- 1 Black Convict Cichlids
- 1 Pink Convict Cichlids
- 1 Frontosa Cichlid
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 4 Bala Sharks
- 5 Pictus Catfish

EDIT: See if I took some other fish out, would I be able to add in any African Cichlids such as the cobalt blue zebra cichlid or maybe add a Black Shark (Labeo chrysophekadion)?

Back
Top Bottom