15 gal stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well as some of u kno my 15 gal has been destroyed by diseases well now ima keep the heat up for a week-2 and see what happens. after this time what would would be cool for this tank fish wise?

Keep the heat up for 2 weeks. After that, I'd add maybe a few tetras and see how they do. If the fish stay healthy, then look at getting more fish. I wouldn't fully stock right away.

I would also add more Tetras and a school or cories. A single tetra is not happy by him/herself. This is a freshwater tank, correct? Not brackish?

the water had aquarium salt added to it but the tetra is still living fine withy the salt and has been for a month in that tank

and ya i was gonna wait to stock is and if i was goiung to do anything just get another 90c tetra for the tank see how he does then wait to stock fully

Usually aquarium salt is used to help fish through a cycle, with ick, etc. Usually it's like 1tbsp per 10 gallons, or something like that. Brackish uses marine salt to make it brackish, and aquarium salt can also be added to brackish. So if the tetra is fine, then it's freshwater, and salt was added probably in a small amount to help the fish. Just be cautious, some fish can't have any salt, like plecos.

Back
Top Bottom