15 gallon to 29 gallon swap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tjd4003

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Fortune smiled upon me today and I was given a 29gal high tank. It's dimensions are 30x12x18 with 18 being the height.

I've sorta run out of room for new tanks, so I'm thinking of swapping the fish from one of my 15 gallons into the 29. I might not do anything because I'm really happy with the way my 15 is setup and stocked.

Currently in the 15 are 1 red fire dwarf gourami, 4 male guppies, 9 cardinal tetras, and a zebra nerite snail, they would all be moving to the new tank. This tank has two filters and I would be moving them to the new tank to hopefully avoid cycling again.

So this brings me to the questions...

Will my gourami be ok in a tank 18" deep? I havnt seen him breath from the surface as often as my betta (in a separate tank of course) but know he is a labyrinth fish.

And what else could I stock the new tank with, with respect to my current fish?

Any tips and tricks you know for swapping tanks would be greatly appreciated as well!

Your gourami will be fine in the new tank, he will love the extra room. I keep mine in a 75 gal and they use the whole tank. As for what other fish you could stock, have you thought of maybe getting your gourami some playmates, or maybe some cory's to help keep the bottom of the tank clean?

Your gourami will be fine in the new tank, he will love the extra room. I keep mine in a 75 gal and they use the whole tank. As for what other fish you could stock, have you thought of maybe getting your gourami some playmates, or maybe some cory's to help keep the bottom of the tank clean?

Maybe some Corys. I'm guessing with dwarf gouramis and I have stick to dwarf for tankmates?

I doubt it is possible but could an angelfish work with a dwarf gourami?

Back
Top Bottom