15 gallon with FE puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 15 gallon tank with a figure eight puffer fish. It's the cutest lil fish ever but it looks like it could use a friend or two what kinda fish could I put with it and anyone know nything bout breeding dwarf puffer fish

i agree with you Tetra, they also need a salinity of 1.005-1.008 to live a happy health life
and also need to be feed different types of shelled animal ie crayfish, snail etc to keep it beak short
i would also advise getting a little bit larger tank for him as well but that's just me. they can live a very long time if they are taken care of properly

oh forgot to mention that they need lot of hiding spots and they love plants the more the better

Yes they are brackish and it's a brackish tank andi had a green spotted puffer but it ended up dieing due to stress they were like eat friends

I have not heard of any one breeding figure 8, but the true dwarf puffers (max size of 1") are breedable on rare occasions.

It's practically impossible to breed the figure eight but the dwarfs I could make some money off of if they breed I already know the differences between male and female DP but are there any tips on how to do it correctly

I am not sure how to best breed dwarfs. They dont sell for much in my area, usually $5 or less. However, if you ever get serious about breeding DP, then research and record your findings to the puffer community since we like learning from experience. Most people breed them for research or by coincidence.

If I do breed them ill be sure to let you know the correct way to breed

i have two dwarfs and i had them in a 10 us gallon tank with some fake plants and so on and a red light with a air stone and i went away for three days so i had feed them before i left and when i had came home there were eggs in my tank so now im just waiting to see if they will hatch for me and go from there

Back
Top Bottom