15 litre pyrex jar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh duh I should have realised it wouldn't hurt the plants, I bought plants with a lead weight... lol. The rocks probably look better than the lead tho :)

Ordered a few items from amazon, turned up when I was at work (even though I'd emailed the seller stating suitable times lol)

So now it'll be a week or so till I get my items as I won't travel 20 miles to the delivery office!!

Austin.b said:
I've had a few plant weights in my shrimp tank, they've had no ill effects on my shrimp so don't worry!:)

Good to know!

Well I ordered a small desk lamp to use as lighting an a small piece of mopani root.

Need to wait till 2moro for the 26" callipers to arrive so I can effectively scape the thing.

Gonna cut the wood to fit, but it's a gorgeous piece so I nono lol.

Nice, but that's going to take a lot of cutting to fit isn't it? Don't envy you that, mopani is a dense wood, hope you have power tools :)

KlcoKN said:
Nice, but that's going to take a lot of cutting to fit isn't it? Don't envy you that, mopani is a dense wood, hope you have power tools :)

Hand tools FTW!

I feel I can control the cuts better with a handsaw an a rasp lol.

Took a while to get through the denser part though, but I have 2 pieces ready to be sculpted a tad before adding an a piece to be cut up some more for finer scaping details. :)

They turned out nice! You must be a lot better with a saw than I am, I have a terrible time just cutting coconuts apart to make caves lol

I've sliced the larger chunk into smaller pieces, they are sat in water now leaching out a ton of tannins.

I put 2 small pieces in my main tank overnight an woke up to a backwater set up lol.

The inside of the wood was soooo dark, maybe now it'll leach out faster?

I've sliced the larger chunk into smaller pieces, they are sat in water now leaching out a ton of tannins.

I put 2 small pieces in my main tank overnight an woke up to a backwater set up lol.

The inside of the wood was soooo dark, maybe now it'll leach out faster?
I boiled mine for 7 hours before I added it to my tank lol

Mumma.of.two said:
Good job cutting the wood to size. Looks good. :)

(did you get a Betta? I like your profile pic!)

Thanks, took forever to cut through though lol.

And that Betta is the first fish I owned, lost due to terrible pet store advice, his name was Fluffy :)

Back
Top Bottom