150 gal Stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prettywolf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got a 150 gallon aquarium but I have no idea what fish to get for it... Something at least 3-4 inches would be nice it has to be colorful because of the fact that its staying in a daycare. We don't want to have anything thats so aggressive that it'll kill anyother fish we keep with together. We want more than a couple fish so nothing extremely large. Also since there are three of us doing the tank one person wants to get shrimp so that kind of limits what we can have so any help would be nice.

Goldfish are a no go because of the fact that the director wants different fish not stuff you'de see in just about any old tank.

You could do a regular old community tank. Lots of fish to choose from, but if you want shrimp i would suggest bamboo shrimp because unless you get fish only like tetras they most likely will be eaten. Besides i would probably go that route since it is gonna be in a puvlic place you want pretty, eye catching fish.

Look into blood red parrot fish they have adorable faces and look kinda pudgy I think the kids would enjoy them but please research them. I have had them with no problems (I lost them due to a huge leak in my tank) but I don't know enough about them to say more than they are cute and mine were peaceful.

Look into blood red parrot fish they have adorable faces and look kinda pudgy I think the kids would enjoy them but please research them. I have had them with no problems (I lost them due to a huge leak in my tank) but I don't know enough about them to say more than they are cute and mine were peaceful.

That is a goo suggestion as you will easily be able to spot them ans they stand out like a sore thumb.

talked to the director and she wants angel fish not sure what to get with them

How about German Blue Rams? Are they ok with Angelfish? I've heard that they are peaceful and that they do ok with Angels, is this true?

Rams would be good, but they are on the smaller size. Blood Parrot's are a very good option, you can look into the south american guys maybe some geophagus' kinda depends on what you want to look at everyday.

Back
Top Bottom