15g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbaygurl78745

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My youngest sister just got a 15g cycled for her son bc wen ever he is fussy bring him to my house and the tanks calm him down n he loves my pleco everytime he`s on the glass mason gets excited and makes all kinda cute sounds lol and is ready to stock. Is there any pleco that can be in a 15g? The pet store told her the clown, bn, rl, plecos can but i wanted to ask first on here befor she buys. and also would she be able to have a pair of bgr?

I'm going to say no to the plecos. You could look into ottos , which are a type of pleco just maxs out at an inch. I would say no to the GBR as well but you could look into a dwarf gourami. You might be able to do one GBR but I think a pair needs a 20g minimum. Here's my ottos

Attachments

• image-2931761010.jpg
    image-2931761010.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 90
A bushynose pleco would work. A 15 may not be ideal but it will work. A betta is a better idea than a gourami for a 15.

CorallineAlgae said:
A bushynose pleco would work. A 15 may not be ideal but it will work. A betta is a better idea than a gourami for a 15.

Why is a betta a better option for a 15? If he wants other fish that might not work. The dwarf Gouramis only get 2 inches.and the bristle nose pleco would eventually need a 20-30g

What about putting in some bright colored fish? Or perhaps a couple guppies so he could watch for babies? I really wouldn't put a pleco of any kind in that size tank. Is there some other type of fish in your tank he likes?

He likes catfish to.. i have featherfins but i know they get to big. Would a small group of Corey`s work. And she did get 1 male guppy n 3 females. And now we are just figuring out a bottem guy.

Jbaygurl78745 said:
He likes catfish to.. i have featherfins but i know they get to big. Would a small group of Corey`s work. And she did get 1 male guppy n 3 females. And now we are just figuring out a bottem guy.

Then scratch the betta idea. As far as the corey's, it depends on weather her tank is a 15 high or long. In a 15 high I would think it's not a good match but in a long it should be okay so long as they're small cory types.

It is long. I made sure of that lol i always liked the longer tanks i will look into dwarf coreys thank you much :-D

The honey gourami colisa chuna is smaller and better than the dwarf gourami. Some crystal red shrimp would be nice.

bettaowner said:
The honey gourami colisa chuna is smaller and better than the dwarf gourami. Some crystal red shrimp would be nice.

I like the idea of honey gourami they are cool.

I had a honey gourami once it should fit in their fine. Their a nice size :)

bettaowner said:

Can you safely house a honey with CRS? I've never tried it. I do know that most gouramis will eat shrimp. I love honeys and would like to try one with some CRS in my daughter's upcoming tank.

Back
Top Bottom