15g slate bottom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh the good old aqua gods. I will be praying for you to. The worst thing is when a tank leaks. 4 ppm is what people dose to and aeration will help as well as the heat. I don't know if you said this or not, but do you have anything to seed the tank with?

I did mean to say 4ppm but iPhone has a mind of its own... Or I have fat fingers..
I seeded with 2 handfuls of gravel from a 4 year old planted tank and "cleaned" 3 sponge filters in the tanks water.

Just did my first ammonia dose and will check it in the morning and I raised the temp to 86.

Lol I know what you mean about the iPhone thing. I barely go on the computer since I have my iPhone. I just need to get a keyboard for my ps3 and I'm set for that. Would you be able to take any of the media from the other tank and use it on the sponge filters? I think this will work better then just rinsing them imo. The bb lives on solid surfaces and not so much in the water...
But either way you have some seeded media to speed it up a little. Just remeber to monitor the ph so the cycle doesn't crash...

Yes forgot to mention I'm running the filter off my mollies tanks. If the bb can keep up with them, it can keep up with an empty tank. LOL

Forgot to check pH today! I ended up using all purpose sand instead of pool filter sand, it's darker and a little larger. I will check tomorrow. How often should I check ammonia since I have all these plants in there?

When should I start looking into trumpet snail for stirring up my sand??

I would test at least daily and with my pfs I can stir it up with a plastic stick and it sinks instantly. If your sand is the same I would just do that for a while. Also there wouldn't be food for your snails yet other then plant matter I wouldn't think.

Choonchiesback said:
resealed the tank last night. will water test tomorrow.

I bought 2 25 tanks from a guy it was only 30 for both so I couldn't resist but of course it may leak could you tell me how to reseal it please if tomorrow it doesn't pass
Thanks

Fishandmusic81 said:
I bought 2 25 tanks from a guy it was only 30 for both so I couldn't resist but of course it may leak could you tell me how to reseal it please if tomorrow it doesn't pass
Thanks

Fishandmusic.
I went on YouTube and watched a few videos. Basically you'll need I take a flat razor and scrap off the old silicone (or melt the tar it has never been resealed before). The tape it and seal it. Let it cure (48 hours give or take). Water test it after the cure process, for about a week if you are patient. The clean it out real good and start your stocking process.

When I get home later I will try and link a few videos I found useful so you can watch.

The tape is to keep the side perpendicular to each other so it cab seal properly. You shouldnt need to tape it unless you have remove the panes from the trim. Another thing us you should clean the old glass with an alcohol base cleaning product to make sure all the old silicone is off...

Back
Top Bottom