2 1/2 more 2 go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
uhhh i have two and a half more weeks to go till i get more fish i am just afraid to get more fish because they might get ick i just had ick about june 28th when or if i do get more fish what should i get i was thinkin maybe goldfish?

Goldfish will outgrow that 10g fairly quickly. If you like having a clear tank, stay away from goldfish. I've had the common ones that you find at fairs grow too large for a 10g in a matter of months (mind you I had three or four in there). The water quality was horrible and required too much work to keep it clean.

If you are dead set on goldfish, go for it. Just be warned they are messy, very messy.

what fish should i get if i do decide to get anything or i might just decide to sell the tank to i dont know yet

Depending on the kind of fish you like you can get male guppies, quite colorful. Now would be the time to start a fishless cycle on the tank to get it ready for new fish.

I would not put goldfish in a 10 gal myself.

Tetras like cardinals, lemons, flames, and glowlights are great for a 10g tank. I'd go with a school of 6-8 and maybe a dwarf gourami. Or you can go the guppy route.

Are you cycling the tank? If not, why are you waiting 2 weeks?

2 1/2 more weeks

i cant wait to get my ten gallon where i can have fishies in there i am trying to think what can go in there dont want neons or guppies

Back
Top Bottom