2.5 algae eaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a small list: Nerite, ramshorn, apple, assassin, or rabbit snails; red cherry, red bee, young amano, black bee, blue carbon rili, or ghost shrimp; otos, and maybe pygmy cories.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

I know ghost shrimp don't eat algae I've tried them before and they just scavenged the bottom. What all eats black hair algae?

Keep calm and drum on

I know ghost shrimp don't eat algae I've tried them before and they just scavenged the bottom. What all eats black hair algae?

Keep calm and drum on

Maybe you could introduce a young bristlenose pleco for a few days? Those are the only fish I know that will DEVOUR BHA.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

There really is nothing suited for a tank that small that would eat bba, your best bet is to determine the cause and correct it there.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There really is nothing suited for a tank that small that would eat bba, your best bet is to determine the cause and correct it there.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 for 2.5 gallons there's nothing that wouldn't add enough waste to compound your issue. What are your nitrate levels at? And how long are the lights on for?

Could add a plant? Might help with controlling nutrients. Even a moss ball removes some.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's only on a wisteria plant and I want to get rid of it before it becomes an issue. I managed to get a lot off with plant tongs tho but there's some on the leaves I can't get

Keep calm and drum on

Only thing i can think of for a 2.5g tank is 2 nerite snails.. Apple/mystery snails dont eat algae honestly and are too big and would die in that tank from no food.

The only algae eaters i know that WILL eat black beard, brown hair, green hair, and any hair algae are siamese algae eaters.. They will clean an entire 100g tank up in a day or two. But then those things get 4-6 inches long over time. I have 3 in my 92g

So honestly i would say your boned when it comes to a tank that small.. I have 2x 2.6g tanks and i tore them down and dont use em anymore. I dont even like putting a betta in them. They are too tiny. I put my betta in a 5.5 and 10g instead

Back
Top Bottom