2.5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it the 2.5g minibow? Perhaps least killifish or one of the micro rasboras. You couldn't fit too many in there, but perhaps a couple oculd be ok.

Ok. Sweet. Many of the nano schoolers really do best with at least 12 inches of horizontal space. So thats good. Obviously you still can't put much in it, but there could be a few options other than shrimp or snails.
I think the least killis would be one of your better choices.

following! I found a 2.5 mini bow out on the sidewalk a ways back and have been using it as a betta quarantine, but i am planning on a nano aquascape with some shrimp maybe...

Finding stuff rocks!
Of course, don't rule out dwarf shrimp. I have a 2.5g minibow with a few plants and some rcs and its great. The shrimp are actually really active and fun to watch. There are some other varieties too like yellow shrimp, bee shrimp, blueberry shrimp, crs, and mandarins too that are pretty cool.
I just read another thread where a pair of pygmy sunfish was recommended for a small tank. They could be an option. But, I have not owned them before so I am not positive. You could PM jetajockey about that because he has some experience with them. :)

Lol, ok, so maybe no more shrimp.
Try looking into the sunfish, killis, chili rasbora, and Endler's first. Now, this is a small tank even for nano fish, so I suggest you familiarize yourself with these specis to see if you would be comfortable any any of them in that amount of space. Some people will undoubtedly tell you that 2.5g isn't suited for anything but shrimp. I think its ok for one of a few species.
You probably know this, but keep in mind that yuou have to be very dutiful on water changes in these small tanks because they do not stay stable as easily as larger tanks do. :)
Another option IMO would be a single betta. There are more species than just the betta splendens you often see available. :)

animalzrok2 said:
you just found it?

Yep, and got my 20g tank from the sidewalk as well! Love this town!

I have spent some fun hours looking at these nano tank aquascape contest sites and they usually have a few small fish in them -- I've seen some very small tanks with celestial pearl danios. But I've wondered if they actually live in there all the time or just have them in there for contest pictures for visual interest.

If you really want schoolers I'd try pygmy killifish, they are tiny and work well for these small tanks.

I have kept CPD's in a 5g before but not in a 2.5. If the nano aquascape contests are anything like the regular ones then most of the tanks are probably just set up that way for photos, not really for an every day use type thing.

If you really want schoolers I'd try pygmy killifish, they are tiny and work well for these small tanks.

I have kept CPD's in a 5g before but not in a 2.5. If the nano aquascape contests are anything like the regular ones then most of the tanks are probably just set up that way for photos, not really for an every day use type thing.

are those the yellow ones? haha i typed it into google images and there were lots of different results.

I've been thinking and i am deciding on either endlers, killifish, or micro rasboras

just finished testing the water to find the pH to be 7.0,nitrite to be 0ppm, nitrate to be 0ppm, and ammonia of .5 ppm.:( how long do you guys thinks until the ammonia goes down?

how many least or pygmy killifish or least killifish i could have in there?

How long have you been dosing ammo in the water? It takes a few weeks for it to come down. How much ammo are you dosing?
You could do at least a pair of pygmy killis, but I am not sure how exactly how many more. I suggest you PM jetajockey to ask if he doesn't see this thread.

Back
Top Bottom