2.5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ldavi133

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, I have a 2.5 gallon laying around with a heater and filter from about 2 years ago. I'm thinking of getting it up and running as a little aquarium for the bedroom. I'll probably put a Betta in the tank, any other ideas? I know I can't have much more than the betta. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey there!

A long fin Betta and a few fancy colored Ramshorn snails and a Mystery Snail are fun to watch.

Otherwise a Dwarf Shrimp tank would be a good option after you get some age/maturity/stability on it. You can keep some RH snails in there too for interest.

Critical is the knowledge that it has good water quality as such a small tank is not very forgiving of missed water changes, over feeding, etc.

But it is so easy to do a pwc on a small tank. Just have a tank ready gallon of water at hand. A couple cups of water out on a regular basis. Add back in from the gallon nearby - quick and easy!

On a different tank I also would keep a bottle like Fiji or Smartwater - long and tall - filled with treated water behind the stand to add a quick top off so it doesn't get noisy from the water level being low. With a tank in a bedroom that seems to be one of the biggest complaints.

Any way it goes... I would plant the heck out of it. Actually I would do it as an NPT, and then either Betta or look at some other nano fish.

Back
Top Bottom