2.5 gallon shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickyg78

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to make a 2.5 gallon ghost shrimp tank. I was just wondering how many ghost shrimp can I have and will they breed?

probably 100 give or take lol bioload very tiny...mine breed in my community and only one has survived from getting eaten from other inhabitants

I started off with 6 red cherry shrimp in August and now have at least 20. If your water conditions are good they should breed pretty quickly.

I would only start out with a few. Ghost shrimp are one of the few shrimp who can get territorial, so you don't want to get too many. Very few have had success breeding ghost shrimp, because unlike many shrimp, ghost shrimp babies have a larval stage, in which it is hard to keep them alive.

Ricky have you thought about doing Red Cherry Shrimps? I have a 5g that I started with 4 (2/2) in October and now have 16 with 3 currently berried...yay.....watching and waiting

I want cherry shrimp really bad but the thing is that they don't sell them in my area:(

I want cherry shrimp really bad but the thing is that they don't sell them in my area:(

Have you thought about ordering online? I don't know a reputable site maybe someone will chime in BUT you can also check on here in classified you can also make a wanted ad to see if someone will sale and ship to you...worth a try

Thing is that my mom would let me buy them I would her credit card unless there was a way to pay in cash or a lfs

I got my red cherry shrimp from SubstrateSource on Amazon and I am very happy with my order from them. Just letting you know in case you do end up ordering online

Back
Top Bottom