2 Angelfish in a 2ft tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxiwilliams

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi guys,
I have a 2ft long tank, would it be okay to have 2 angels and 4 corys?! thanksss ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Pretty sure your angels are gonna out grow that small tank(Unless its very tall which i doubt). What are the exact dimensions or fully loaded measure(gallons). As for the corys they will be fine in conjunction with the angelfish. My concern here is just the growth for the angels, who get pretty big.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Agreed with above, we need to know the full tank dimensions. It sounds like somewhere around 25g, in which case you'd barely have room for one angel, and definitely not a pair. I highly recommend you stick your stocking plans into aqadvisor.com. That will give you a rough guess of what you can fit and you can research more from there.

It may or may not be possible but as Launaneko points out it will depend on what the other dimensions of the tank are.

For those too lazy that 30"x11.8"x15.7" about 24g

You could put a mated pair of angels in that tank but otherwise only a single angel.

With a single angel 4 cories should be fine as long as you get some that stay small. They vary in size quite a bit from species to species. I have no idea if a breeding pair would be bothered by cories or not.

For those too lazy that 30"x11.8"x15.7" about 24g

You could put a mated pair of angels in that tank but otherwise only a single angel.

With a single angel 4 cories should be fine as long as you get some that stay small. They vary in size quite a bit from species to species. I have no idea if a breeding pair would be bothered by cories or not.

Thank you for the conversion, I am one of those lazy non-metric users :)

Agreed that you can do a mated pair in there, but a non mated pair would likely have issues in that space. Cories usually stay out of the way of angels, so they should be ok. Just limit their numbers and avoid the really small ones (likely to be eaten/attacked) and the really large species (too much bioload for that tank plus the angels).

Back
Top Bottom