2 beistlenose plecos in a 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
These are my two juvenile bristlenose plecos. Attacking the new driftwood I put in today.

Attachments

• image-2487632371.jpg
    image-2487632371.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 46
  • image-3055180839.jpg
    image-3055180839.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 48
They are super energetic and always cleaning the tank. I'm getting a pair of blue rams so I'm trying to think of what to add to the bottom of my tank. I like yo yo loaches and Panda Cory's. but I don't want to disturb the rams. As for mid to high I'm going cardinal rams, rummynose tetras and possibly harlequin rasboras or ill stick with the 7 black skirts. I've just had bad experiences with the skirts in a community tank.

They are super energetic and always cleaning the tank. I'm getting a pair of blue rams so I'm trying to think of what to add to the bottom of my tank. I like yo yo loaches and Panda Cory's. but I don't want to disturb the rams. As for mid to high I'm going cardinal rams, rummynose tetras and possibly harlequin rasboras or ill stick with the 7 black skirts. I've just had bad experiences with the skirts in a community tank.

Yeah, black skirts can be very nippy, I would personally stay away from them......I don't think corys or loaches will bother the rams much. I would go with the loaches, because even though I like pandas so much, due to their size, in a 55g you would have to get a lot to really enjoy them. Yoyo loaches get larger and you wouldn't have to get as many.

Ya I'm trying to think what I'm gonna do with the skirts. I don't have a secondary tank ATM and I don't wanna get rid of them so I need to find a way to get my tank to accommodate them. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom