2 Gallon Vase, what do you think??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bobishu said:
What size tank would be good for starting off on sw? I can't imagine I could do a 10g sw could I?

You could but it be better to go larger. My favorite size is a 40g breeder because it has alot of work room and isn't too big. A 29g is also a nice size.

Hmmm, ill see what's on Craigslist, do you mind if I pm you to ask a few questions about it later?

If your wife doesn't like the sound of a fish tank you could try a 5 gal. Fluval chi. It's filtration unit is silent. The only sound you hear is the fountain effect because it creates a little fountain on top of the filter. It's very soothing and it looks really nice too. Not like a typical fishtank.

I did a quick search on YouTube:

That's funny, I was just going to reply and suggest a Chi. I have one for my Betta and I can't hear it at all with the other room noise and my larger tank next to it (she'd never hear it over the TV). My betta loves it, it's a great size for him, I coudn't imagine him in anything smaller, and it's a good tank for a small space. (oh, if you get it for a Betta I suggest ordering the hood for it, it doesn't come with one but I found mine cheap on here: http://www.thatpetplace.com/fluval-chi-cover-glass-aquarium You won't need an air stone b/c Betta's done like a lot of agitation anyway.

Last edited:
LyndaB said:
This is exactly the sound effect that makes you get up and pee 9 times a night...... :lol:

LOL!!! Maybe!! I have my fluval chi and betta in the living room on the end table next to the couch so I wouldn't know.

You know how they sell those things that make different noises like oceans and thunderstorms and babbling brooks? It's more like that.

librarygirl said:
That's funny, I was just going to reply and suggest a Chi. I have one for my Betta and I can't hear it at all with the other room noise and my larger tank next to it (she'd never hear it over the TV). My betta loves it, it's a great size for him, I coudn't imagine him in anything smaller, and it's a good tank for a small space. (oh, if you get it for a Betta I suggest ordering the hood for it, it doesn't come with one but I found mine cheap on here: http://www.thatpetplace.com/fluval-chi-cover-glass-aquarium You won't need an air stone b/c Betta's done like a lot of agitation anyway.

I need the hood! Thanks for the link. I guess betta's are jumpy? Mine never jumps but I'd like a little shrimp to keep things clean, and the last shrimp I got disappeared!

Back
Top Bottom