2 HOB'S on a column style tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Right now I have a 55 gallon column style FW tank with a fluval C4. I know I need to amp up my filtration. I have an Aqueon 55 / 75 from an old tank and can't afford a canister. Do you think it will look silly due to the fact that my tank is 30" long to add the Aqueon too? Here's a pickbefore dummy me threw my tank into a bacterial bloom :thumbdown::banghead:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's the pic sorry, AA stopped on me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1435877825231.jpg
    1435877825231.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 59
I have 2 HOBs on my standard 55 gallon. But that's 18" longer, could hide one or both of the intakes with something like a long slender piece of driftwood or some other form of fake/real decor.

I really keep the second one so its already seeded if I need a quarantine or hospital tank since is only rated for 40 gallons.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You should be fine with your filtration. It would probably be a good idea to add a powerhead down low in the tank to increase circulation.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435892399.360137.jpg

Here's mine with 2 HoB's, a canister, & a UV.

Probably overkill... I got the Marineland Emperors b/c of their long intakes. Had to get 2 small ones b/c of the center brace.

Could replace them all with one huge canister. You could even go inline heat & UV... If you want to drop some coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom