2 months old 75g, latest pics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philipraposo198

Aquarium Advice Addict
not really happy with where I am at just wanted to show it and get some feedback. been adding new plants and been waiting for them to grow.

I am very impressed with how my fish have been doing and my growth has been really good imo.

Looks beautiful especially the moss on the wood what other fish are you going to add

None atm, the fish I have now are enough for me. I am waiting to see if over the next while i can dial in on the plants and such and let me fish continue to thrive and maybe make babies. I want to keep the tank understocked for a while.

THE FISH
- 25 Cardinal Tetras
- 8 Peppered Corydoras
- 4 Pearl Gouramis
- 1 Golden Ram
- 1 Bristle Nose Pleco

THE INVERTEBRATES
- Ramshorn Snails
- Malaysian Trumpet Snails
- Pond Snails
- Cherry Shrimp

THE PLANTS
- Anubius Barteri
- Anubius Petite
- Java Fern
- Lace Fern
- Java Moss
- Christmas Moss
- Flame Moss
- Cryptocoryne Parva
- Cryptocoryne Wendtti
- Najas Guadalupensis
- Hygroryza Aristata
- Cardimine Lyrata
- Asian Ambulia
- Dwarf Sagittaria
- Rotala Rotundifolia
- Rotala Macrandra Green
- Bacopa Caroliniana
- Micranthemum Umbrosum
- Pennywort
- Jungle Val
- Hygrophilia Sunset
- Hygrophilia Compacta

THE HARDWARE
- Eheim pro 3 2075
- Eheim Jager 300 watt heater
- 48" Finnex Planted Plus LED fixture
- Hydor nano 425 power head
- Safe-T-Sorb substrate

That's a pretty impressive tank. Do you have a pale background or, indeed, no background. I would be tempted to try it black. You can just tape a black in bag to the back to see the effect. The fish colours and plants show up quite well. If you like it then black paint (a bit permanent I know) or black card might work. I never believed a black background would make such a difference. My tank is now painted black. The lighting on the back glass is defused by the black and it just looks to be deeper from front to back. I have attached a very early pic of my tank where the backing is still visible.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401312501.632175.jpg
This is what it looks like now.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401312600.961205.jpg
I hope that gives some encouragement. Steve.

It looks good, however I would try for a little more variation in plants.

You have a lot of real estate taken up by the micro chain sword. Have you thought about doing two different carpeting plants to mix it up a little?

Also, maybe a sword or shorter plant for the middle under the driftwood to cover up what seems to be a fairly bare area.

Its not chain sword but rather dwarf sagittaria. I do have a fair bit of variety but its only a stem here and there for some. I need to grow out and keep replanting. I agree I do need more variety.

The idea of mixi g up the carpet seems like a neat idea, but what would you.recommend? I don't have c02 so I think I am limited.

I plan on spreading the mosses more and more to completely cover the driftwood. I have mosses growing in containers, once I get large clumps I will attach it.

I was thinking of using some cadimine lyrata, anubius, crypt parva, and hygro compacta in those kind of spots as mid plants.

Again all of this will take time for me to propagate more and more plants from the few I have obtained. A lot of that stuff is new to the tank as of a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How about star repens for another foreground plant? I've always had a lot of luck with that in a medium light low tech tank.

Back
Top Bottom