2 new fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

westward13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all! I picked up a couple of new fish today at the lfs. I got an albino cory and a banjo catfish. They've been chillin in the tank for about an hour now(after acclimating them, of course) and the banjo was nowhere to be found a few minutes ago. After looking really closely, I found that he buried himself in the sand in the corner of the tank where I saw him last (with just a hole where his mouth is). Has anyone had any experience with a banjo cat before? The cory is definitely sweet... seems to be enjoying the sand.

Those two will love the sand - excellent substrate choice. The banjo should come out after a period of adjustment. The cory would sure love some albino cory buddies.... :wink: Sounds like a very nice setup you have there!

Thanks, TankGirl! I think I've got somewhat of an odd mix thus far (at least in sizes). I can definitely see adding a few more albino cory cats. I'm a big fan... I'm also glad the tinfoil barb has left him alone. He's too busy swimming around mid-tank schooling with and/or trying to catch the giant danios.

I have two Banjo Cats in my 75-gallon planted tank that I never...ever....see, except when I vacuum the substrate. I think it's because of the amount of light there is on top of the tank...The Banjos seem to prefer a tank that's not very bright.

I picked up 2 more albino and 2 bronze cory cats today after work so the one now has a bunch of buddies to keep him/her company. They're perfect for my aquarium!

Yeah, these little guys are awesome! I'm a little worried that my iridescent shark might have a hard time getting food with the way these guys jump on the sinking catfish pellets I feed it.

Don't worry, they'll settle in in no time. The shark will get food. Although, you can try putting the pellets toward the place in the tank where the corys spend most of their time. (Mine are a little shy so I put some of the pellets toward their fave hiding places.) Then put a few pellets on the opposite side of the tank for the shark. C :D rys tend to move together in groups so the shark should be able to get the pellets opposite the corys. Have fun watching the show! :D

Back
Top Bottom