2 quick questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_newbie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if this was a good fish combination ..and would i need a heater for these guys?

zebra danio
glowlight tetras
neon tetras
ghost shrimp

---

If i were to put alot of rocks, plants, and decorations in my tank would it be harder for me to clean or would it be the same as if i was to put one rock and maybe a plant or 2 ..how would i handle cleaning my tank?

thanks again you guys

That looks like a pretty good combo of fish.
You'll need to get a heater.

If you put alot of rocks and decor in your tank you will have to move them and gravel vac under them cause thats where alot of the fish poo goes.

You need to buy a gravel vac.
Look into the pythons(gravel vac) they hook right up to a sink and drain you tank then refill it pretty easy.
No buckets to carry back and fourth.

Do a gravel vac and 20-25% water change every week.

This should keep your tank in great shape
Hope this helped and good luck.

You'll need some kinda cover for your shrimp too. When they molt their exoskeleton, their soft bodies are exposed until their new shell hardens up. During that time they like to feel well protected and seek refuge in cover.

I don't think the other fish you mentioned will bother the Ghost Shrimp, but tehy still want to fell protected.

The danios and both kinds of tetras school, so it's best to get 6 or more of each...not sure how big your tank is. Also they are all very active fishies which will make your tank exciting to watch! :D For variety, you may want to trade one of the schools for a couple of slower, more peaceful fish...or if you have room in the tank, you wouldn't have to trade...just add them later? (you don't have to, it's just another option) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom