2 weeks, fluval edge water still partially cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

devine

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, so 2 1/2 weeks in, with my Fluval Edge, fish in cycle ( I know I know, took some bad advice) I have 3 danios and 1 ghost Shrimp. Tested my water levels yesterday (have been doing water changes every other day 10-20% and found that there were my readings:

NITRITE: 0.25
NITRATE: 5.0
AMMONIA: 1.0
PH : 7.2

My water is also still ever so cloudy - So I did a 50% water change, and rinse my filter media in the tank water that I took out, Im going to do another test tonight to ensure the levels are going down again.

The fish are more than happy as is Jacques our shrimp. But does anyone here have a clue as to why my tank is still partially cloudy - is it because its only week 2 and a bit of the cycle?

any help would be awesome!

Is it a milky white? Could be a bacterial bloom, which is normal, it'll go away on its own eventually. Your ammonia might be a bit high for the fish though, I"d try to get it down more (and your nitrite is getting close to danger levels also).

yeah at just over 2 weeks into a cycle with fish, there's usually some cloudiness that won't clear up until the cycle is healthy... also with a fluval edge (which I have) it's not a lot of room, so cloudiness is more noticeable. fear not, after my fluval edge cycled (about a month) it has been crystal clear for months with very infrequent carbon satchel changes. (once every 6 weeks). good luck!

Back
Top Bottom