20 g standard stock ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haloFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Witch one sounds best?
1. 4-6corys and one male guppy havent decided what cory breed yet.
2. 6-8 tetras. Preferibly peticoat/skirt tetras.
3. Assorted guppys
4. 7-10 white cloud mountain minnow s.
Allmost all tanks would have snails and mabey shrimp.

A school of 6 cory cats and 10 skirt tetras or 6 Cory cats and 12 white cloud mountain minnows should fill the tank out nicely IMO.

I would do a group of white clouds and a group of skirt tetras. Around 5-6 of each species and around 4 cories.

Thank you for the info I think ill go the tetra and corrie path. Preferably albino corys

Edit: would.albino corys work. I know they are warmer temp

I've never heard that they need warmer temps. You can keep both cories and tetra between 75 and 78 degrees.

Ok. Finally do you guys think albino corys would look great on black substrate?

Black skirt tetras can be kept in 65 degree water and if you get peppeted corys they can handle 65 degrees.

I personally don't care for albino anything but the color contrast between the two would look good.

Ill add that albinos like a little more light than regular colored cories..... something to do with them being albinos.

Ok. Thanks for all the help everyone. I will Definitly post photos when I get the first batch of [emoji226].

Not trying to offend you but make sure you cycle your tank first. I don't know if you are new or experienced.

I have a cycled 10 gallon. And an extra media cartridge in it so when I'm ready for fish I can just move the extra one over. I have prime to deal with the mini cycle.

If you space out the fish you get you shouldn't get a mini cycle on a cycled tank. For example, add your Cories first then add your tetras a month later.

Back
Top Bottom