20 gal stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,
I have a 20 gal tank which is currently home to my betta and approx 13 chili rasboras. I was wondering if it would be ok to relocate my three smudge spot corys into the tank with then from my 110L tank so I can look at adding some khuli loaches in the larger tank.
Any input appreciated ?

I think so but if the Betta is being aggressive take them out.

Yeah! If you have no bottom dwellers in the 20, the corys should do great, and since there's only 3 space isn't an issue. I know some people say that a "school" is no less than 5, but I do schools of 3 if I need to and it never has any negative impact on the fish unless they're scared.

Since bettas are top-swimmers he shouldn't bother the cories. Hope the arrangement works out!

Thanks guys. My betta is super chilled out luckily, I did have more than three corys as mixed species but they gradually passed away. Te three that are left are rather shy which is why I thought a smaller tank may be of use.
I shall change then over when I get a day off work!

Just watch your betta he will be inquisitive if he gets aggressive separate him into a breeding container o if you don't posses a breeder container make one just make sure there is good water flow into it. This allows your betta to get used 2 the new neighbors with out any damage 2 them

If my betta doesn't like them I'll be moving them back not him. He pays no attention to the other fish though he's very relaxed never seen him flare to be honest

Just a suggestion. I would do an even number of cories. I have 2 of them and they are inseparable. I feel if you get three you might get a third wheel, and nobody likes the be a third wheel haha. Just a thought

Thanks, in all fairness my three are inseparable generally laying on top of each other they are nowhere near as inquisitive as the other types of cories I've had even when they were in a larger group

Back
Top Bottom