20 gallon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichildlife

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got a 20 gallon tank today! Total cost 22.20$!!!!!!!!!!!! Wat did you guyz get?!

Attachments

• image-2588811746.jpg
    image-2588811746.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 92
Congrats on the find! I got a 55 gallon off of craigslist for $15, in perfect condition just needed a scrubbing! It's going to be a South American theme! Any ideas on yours? 20 gallons are awesome to stock with fish:)

Yea im thinking bout getting some African Butterfly cichlids or Angels maybe any thoughts?

I think that the african butterfly fish may be able to be put in there, someone correct me if I'm wrong, with maybe a school of cories and possiably 1 more school of smallish tetras or rasboras or danios could go in there too.

Yea i was thinking them nd about 4 cories maybe a small school of some black skerts! Good. Yes no?

Depending on the cory type I would up the number to around 6. I've never had the black skirt tetra before and I don't know much about them either, so I'd rather have someone who knows their stuff tell you if that's okay.

Yeah then add 2 more just to make a very happy school:). They'll be even more playful and fun!!!

Yep so heres the idea then for my 20 gallon:
2(pair) of butterfly cichlid
6 juili cories
4-5 black skirt tetras
Suggestions, ideas?

Yep so heres the idea then for my 20 gallon:
2(pair) of butterfly cichlid
6 juili cories
4-5 black skirt tetras
Suggestions, ideas?

This is just my opinion mind you, but Black skirts are fairly large (the females) and pretty active. Considering that tetra are schoolers, a smaller tetra like neons, cardinals, or embers would be better suited for a 20 gal high tank. Harlequin or chili Rasboras also look great in a planted tank and keep a fairly small size.

Alright thx i did not know that. I would like somethin that is non-agressive nd stays smal but can not be eaten by a 3 inch fish

Kk i like that ember tetra you suggested. But idk if my LFS carries them but they got tetras so i gonna take a peak one of these days lol

Ok my lfs told me it would take as long as it to cycle a 10gallon... She said a month? A month.? I didnt cycle my 10gallon for a mount it took like 3 weeks wow

Heres the tank up and running for 3 days now! Instant cycled my tank have 3 tetras in there now nd getting my keyholes thursday!!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom