20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caitlynnanne9189

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Now I really need some advice on stocking my tank. I wanted tiger barbs and a red tipped shark with a bottom feeder and maybe a gourami but from what ppl are saying tiger barbs alone are going to be enough but I want a variety. I do not want goldfish or any more guppies. In my small 3 gallon I have 2 guppies. What do you recommend? I want colorful fish that are unique like barbs that are playful

School of zebra danios or maybe something else like platys. For a bottom feeder you could have bristlenose pleco.

@ Fishie, BN Plecos get to be around 6" and are too big for a 20G, maybe a ABN which reaches 5", but still too high of a bioload to let caitlyn get the other fish

tiger barbs need to be in groups of at least 6 say most sites, but in most cases it should be at least 8 which is too many for a 20G as they get to 3" and need a lot of swimming space......
A red tail shark is too large as it reaches more than 7" and needs a minimum 55G

If you are looking for a colorful tank, and for it to be peaceful with no compatibility issues, I would do something like this, just an option.........

1 dwarf gourami(any type of dwarf species)
3(a trio) of small corys(such as pandas, skunks, etc.)
A few platys(your choice)
6 Schoolers(harlequin rasboras, neon tetras, both are colorful)

Another option is to make a barb community tank, BUT NO tiger barbs, other species instead.....so this option......

6 cherry barbs
6 gold barbs
A trio of corys(small)

And you are done, you can keep temps. lower too, and save money on heating as they can live in 74F and don't need temps. high as 86 as some fish do.

hope that helped

Yes this did thanks I'm definitely keeping the tiger barbs until I get my larger tank. I'll look into the other ones you listed

Back
Top Bottom