20 gallon aquarium species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iamrood14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just upgraded to a 20 gallon aquarium and I'm looking to start fresh with it. I know with tiger barbs u can do 6 bit to spice it up can I do a mixture of barbs or will the Tiger barbs kill the other types off? Also if I wanted to maybe do a cleaner shrimp can they survive in brackfish it do they need a full salt water tank?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

may want to avoid the tiger barbs. they can cause trouble for other inhabitants but would be great for a species tank. is your tank a 20 long or high? they may be ok in a long but i do think that would be a stretch. may be better to come up with some other ideas. what was your previous tank and what was housed in it? what is your plan for that tank?

I have a 5 gallon right now with a gsp in it. But I have a 55 gallon that I'm going to move the gsp into. Not sure what I'm going to do with the 5 gallon yet.

Also it's a 20 high I do believe

may want to consider a school of harlequin rasboras and a group of some smaller corys?

another option could be a school of cherry barbs along with a group of smaller corys.

both options would be nice. there are of course other options, but those are two to consider. all of them would be happiest in groups of 5 or more. you would have activity top to bottom with those choices. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom