20 gallon centerpiece fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peacock gudgeons!

img_3211336_0_f132d5990e848863523edc3a585e4fa7.jpg

Oooo that's a cool idea and something else I've never done before!

Just checked for the lulz; also illegal in maine. But ask my multies and dwarf puffers if that's stopped me.....

Aph Australe Orange would be a great specie. Males are bright orange with white caudal fun extensions, best part is they are nice to other fish unlike gardneri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and because you have a larger tank you could do multiple males. (In smaller tanks they can be slightly aggressive to each other IME)

I was looking at 2 pairs for 15 dollars, they are gorgeous. Are these annual killifish? And can the eggs be dehydrated?

They are not annuals. Eggs take 12-15 days to hatch if you incubate in damp peat moss, or you can leave them in the tank. Quite easy to breed as well.

They are not annuals. Eggs take 12-15 days to hatch if you incubate in damp peat moss, or you can leave them in the tank. Quite easy to breed as well.

I'm really interested in these, it would be something totally new to me. I mean, they're also illegal in Maine, but... I expect that by now.

That's sucks, why has Maine made so many species illegal?

It's not that species are illegal, it's that they have a list of legal species, and that list sucks.

: Maine IF&W

No shelldwellers, no killifish, no rare loaches, no dwarf puffers....

I would actually have a lot of respect for their commitment to protect native species.... except that goldfish (which are established all over the state) are legal, while BS like jack freaking dempseys were specifically removed from the list because.... reasons?

My fiance and I adore the killifish so much that we're actually going to move the guppies from our 10 gallon into the 20 gallon with the tetras and corydoras, and make the 10 gallon a killifish species tank. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yes, and because you have a larger tank you could do multiple males. (In smaller tanks they can be slightly aggressive to each other IME)

I had a single pair, very pretty fish. The female was just plain nasty though...she killed a few dwarf amber barbs and constantly harrassed the male. Hopefully yours will have better behavior ;)

I had a single pair, very pretty fish. The female was just plain nasty though...she killed a few dwarf amber barbs and constantly harrassed the male. Hopefully yours will have better behavior ;)

Wow, that the exact opposite of "normal" female Australes. The male is usually the one that will do more harassing,.

I'm really excited about it, I've never done killifish before, and after so many years and so many fish tanks there isn't a whole lot I can say I haven't tried! At least as far as general groups of fish.

Could 2 pairs work in a 10? I'm looking on aquabid at 2 pairs for $15

I'm really excited about it, I've never done killifish before, and after so many years and so many fish tanks there isn't a whole lot I can say I haven't tried! At least as far as general groups of fish.

Could 2 pairs work in a 10? I'm looking on aquabid at 2 pairs for $15

Ya two pairs is fine in a 10, I've had 2 trios in a 10 before.

Back
Top Bottom