20 Gallon High Stocking Schooling Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought from a petco. Went back another day to return 3 bodies. And literally found at least one dead per tank. From what I hear Petco will either be a horror show or good... Based on the store. But the staff just told me how it was bad stock... But the staff knew nothing of fish. I don't have one of the good stores. But they do exist.

I will buy supplies... Not fish there anymore. It makes me sad.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I love angels. I have 6 in my 150 gallon tank, and they mix well with my geophagus.

In my 90, I have 9 neons, 9 harlequins, and 8 rummynoses. The harlequins stay in the top 3rd of the tank, the rummynoses in the bottom third, and the neons in between.

When buying tetras and most fish, I find that it is best to purchase juvenile fish instead of adults. I find them to be more resilient.

Angels if all the same size are very popular because they are moderate skill level. I have wanted some blue angelfish for over a decade... One day.

I've been looking into them. They are so beautiful!

I bought from a petco. Went back another day to return 3 bodies. And literally found at least one dead per tank. From what I hear Petco will either be a horror show or good... Based on the store. But the staff just told me how it was bad stock... But the staff knew nothing of fish. I don't have one of the good stores. But they do exist.

I will buy supplies... Not fish there anymore. It makes me sad.

That's horrible...I do have one petco I go to that is on the smaller side and they actually seem to keep their tanks nice. I never see dead fish. But I've been to others that were horrible conditions.

That's horrible...I do have one petco I go to that is on the smaller side and they actually seem to keep their tanks nice. I never see dead fish. But I've been to others that were horrible conditions.
It really revolves arou d fish people or non-fish people working in the store I think. Sad though. Some hsve been awesome.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I love angels. I have 6 in my 150 gallon tank, and they mix well with my geophagus.

In my 90, I have 9 neons, 9 harlequins, and 8 rummynoses. The harlequins stay in the top 3rd of the tank, the rummynoses in the bottom third, and the neons in between.

When buying tetras and most fish, I find that it is best to purchase juvenile fish instead of adults. I find them to be more resilient.

That's awesome! I wanted to put some Harlequins with Rummynose fish but someone old me they need different water conditions. So I'm thinking maybe I was misinformed. How do they do together in your 90?

They do well very well together. Even though they are from different parts of the world, their water requirements are similar enough.

Cardinal tetras and Harlequin rasboras would look awesome in big schools!

You ask for online places to buy fish and plants. The places I've bought from and recommend are:

Rachel O'leary from Invertebrates from Msjinkzd
She carries nano fish, snails and dwarf shrimp!
Current Stock list - Invertebrates by Msjinkzd

LiveAquaria.com

I bought Cardinal tetras and panda corydoras from them and also aquarium supplies from their other website Dr's Foster and Smith.

For live aquarium plants I recommend fully, PlantedaquariumsCentral.com
Planted Aquariums Central Live Aquarium Plants

I've ordered from her twice and both times receive beautiful, healthy, well packaged plants! Both times I received extra plants :)

If you want I can PM you the link of the inbox the link to unboxing video I made of the first plant order I made. You have to see the beautiful Anubias Nana she sent me!

Patty

They do well very well together. Even though they are from different parts of the world, their water requirements are similar enough.

Hmmm I might have to consider getting some of them then. I love the way they school in the youtube videos I've seen.

Cardinal tetras and Harlequin rasboras would look awesome in big schools!

You ask for online places to buy fish and plants. The places I've bought from and recommend are:

Rachel O'leary from Invertebrates from Msjinkzd
She carries nano fish, snails and dwarf shrimp!
Current Stock list - Invertebrates by Msjinkzd

LiveAquaria.com

I bought Cardinal tetras and panda corydoras from them and also aquarium supplies from their other website Dr's Foster and Smith.

For live aquarium plants I recommend fully, PlantedaquariumsCentral.com
Planted Aquariums Central Live Aquarium Plants

I've ordered from her twice and both times receive beautiful, healthy, well packaged plants! Both times I received extra plants :)

If you want I can PM you the link of the inbox the link to unboxing video I made of the first plant order I made. You have to see the beautiful Anubias Nana she sent me!

Patty

Thank you for the recommendations! and yes you can pm the video =)

Back
Top Bottom