20 gallon long or 29 gallon stocking options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello,
My main tank is a 20 long saltwater. An upgrade to my lighting casued me to have and extra light and hood for a 20 long or 29 gallon tank
i dont have the time, effort, money or patience for another sw build so i am looking to fw
my first question is would you reccomend getting a 29 gal or 20 long, is there a big difference in how i could stock them? In addition what would my stocking options be?
All the best and happy turkey day
Zach

angels are cichlids. I wouldn't keep any in a 29 though... while it's possible, I dont think it's enough room. What are you wanting to do with the tank? Planted or not? If planted, I'd go with a 20 long. If not, I'd go with a 29 just because it's 9 more gallons.

If you like cichlids, you could do dwarf cichlids like rams. Theres a few different kinds and they're very pretty IMO. For plecos you can do a smaller species like bristlenose plecos.

in a 29, how does this stocking look
is it overstocked, or could i get more fish??
1 albino birchirdi chiclid
1 green severum
1 pink convict
1 ram
1 gold veil angel
3 corys
1 telescope goldfish
1 red cap oranda goldfish
2 dwarf groumis
1 silver appollo shark
1 dario botia loach
1 rio negro pleco

I think it would be over stocked. The goldfish themselves need a 29g tank. Idk about the cichlids though.

You would be overstocked with the first two. You really need to do some research. I've seen this in all of your stocking questions. Google really is a good place to start.

IMO you should do a pair of rams with cories and/or a pleco and a school of tetras. But again, that's just what I would do.
But definitely research before you do anything.

in a 29, how does this stocking look
is it overstocked, or could i get more fish??
1 albino birchirdi chiclid
1 green severum
1 pink convict
1 ram
1 gold veil angel
3 corys
1 telescope goldfish
1 red cap oranda goldfish
2 dwarf groumis
1 silver appollo shark
1 dario botia loach
1 rio negro pleco

Just NO. There are so many problems with this list that I am honestly at a loss. Please don't.

ok thanks, i wont do it, i am new to fw and didnt know happy thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! Is anything really standing out for you? Maybe we could help you build a list around a couple of your favorite fish. :)

Back
Top Bottom