20 gallon long stocking.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, otos will mix well with anything that won't eat them, but think about getting both...they are basically two types of bottom feeders. I am fascinated by the "clean up crew" of tanks, but when I think about it...having a tank full of cleaners can be boring. You want something with brilliant colors, or a cool attitude! Not a bunch of fish that all like to hide in the back corner together...ya know?

Yes, otos will mix well with anything that won't eat them, but think about getting both...they are basically two types of bottom feeders. I am fascinated by the "clean up crew" of tanks, but when I think about it...having a tank full of cleaners can be boring. You want something with brilliant colors, or a cool attitude! Not a bunch of fish that all like to hide in the back corner together...ya know?

I was thinking a couple ottos and 4 cory's. I I really like the julii cory's and the panda cory's. Was thinking 2 of each to make a small school.

TankerJs said:

I don't think so! A school of cories can be very entertaining to watch as the scoot about the bottom of the tank.

I don't think so! A school of cories can be very entertaining to watch as the scoot about the bottom of the tank.

+1 Agree completely!

I love watching my peppered cory's play with the bubble stone, ride the bubbles to the top over and over again :)

I've only kept green cories, and they never came out to play, they always hid in the back behind a rock...BORING lol.

I've only kept green cories, and they never came out to play, they always hid in the back behind a rock...BORING lol.

My albino's hide alot but my peppered are always out scooting around. They will come to the glass as soon as I sit in front of the tank :)

The more of the same kind of Cory you have the more you will see them. Some species are shyer than others though.

What other fish are you thinking? If your still thinking scarlet badis we will have to look at compatible fish. They are shy and can have food 'stolen' from them by more aggressive tank mates.

You should do 6 cories (same species), 3 otos, 1 scarlet badis, and a large school of neons :)

The more of the same kind of Cory you have the more you will see them. Some species are shyer than others though.

What other fish are you thinking? If your still thinking scarlet badis we will have to look at compatible fish. They are shy and can have food 'stolen' from them by more aggressive tank mates.

I'm not sure what other fish I want to do yet. I might go with tetras since there are so many to choose from. I want Scarlet Badis but I think i am going to wait and build another tank JUST for them at a later time.

You should do 6 cories (same species), 3 otos, 1 scarlet badis, and a large school of neons :)

I'll definitely do 6 cory's but, I gotta decide if I wanna do Julii's or Pandas, lol. I've thought about neons. I thought a school of 6 or 8 of them and then possibly a school of another smaller tetra.

Well. I have some swordtails but if you don't want breeding i suggest you go with males because for 1 they are better looking. The females actually have the ability to change their sex.

I think some tetras are over rated...they don't have very bright colors and aren't all that hardy all the time. Zebra daniosare the hardiest fish I've kept...and their colors are brilliant!

I think some tetras are over rated...they don't have very bright colors and aren't all that hardy all the time. Zebra daniosare the hardiest fish I've kept...and their colors are brilliant!

I've never really been a fan of danios. Not really a fan of tetra's either but I already have a platy tank and a guppy tank and a goldfish tank, lol.

Male Congo tetras are gorgeous! A bit hard to come by, an slightly pricey, but SO worth it. They are a larger tetra, so only a small school (3-5) in a 20g. But that's all you'd need anyway, they are brethtaking.

Back
Top Bottom