20 Gallon Long stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshNate97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i currently have the fifteen gallon stocked with 5 zebra danios and 5 white cloud m minnows. 3 java loaches, a dwarf gourami, and a few ghost shrimp and small snails. the light is only 15 watts and ive got about 6 plants. i soon shall selling this tank to upgrade to a 20 gallon long, which will have a coralife 2x24 watt light with 6700k daylight bulbs. i would like to end up having (under atachments). i will use 2 bags of Flourite Dark as substrate, and use two aqueon quietflow 20's for filtration. does anyone have any comments questions or concerns? every comment is appreciated, and thank you.
moz-screenshot.png

Attachments

• AquStockImage.php.png
    AquStockImage.php.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I'd wait a while before adding the Otos; I've heard they prefer algae to anything else and feeding them wafers sometimes is difficult as they often do not take to them and then starve. For 5 of them in a 20 gal you'd need a LOT of diatoms to feed them.

ALso I think some of those fish prefer different temps; the White Cloud Minnows prefer cooler water and the ADFs like it warmer. I'd also be careful with ADFs in a community tank; they are nearly blind and not very good swimmers and they need to shoot up for air every now and then. You may also have to feed them by hand.

Ok, ill just do three otos. Also, in your opinion, am i fully stocked or do i have a little room? I was thinking of bringing the schooling fish up to six per group. Or i could add another gourami or rainbowfish. I hear that sometimes planted tanks can handle a higher bioload.

Back
Top Bottom