20 gallon planted tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnthn932

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got an established 20 gallon with a good amount of fish in it and I just made the jump to live plants. I added two java ferns, one Anubis and something else. Don't really know what the third one is but it looks cool! I'm super excited and want to do this right. Any tips on lighting, nutrients and things like that?

Awesome congrats! What light do you have now? The T5 fixtures are good for plants. You could also post in the freshwater planted section; you might get more replies there. Good luck.

I've got a marineland LED single bright. I was told that should be enough to grow those low light plants.

Awesome congrats! What light do you have now? The T5 fixtures are good for plants. You could also post in the freshwater planted section; you might get more replies there. Good luck.

T5s on a 20 gallon would be high light, maybe too much, especially if it's a 20 Long. Double bright LEDs should be enough for low light plants like you have.

For low light setup, you won't really need special substrate. Excel is always appreciated, as is some sort of fertilizer. Flourish makes both Excel and general ferts, so I would look into them.

Back
Top Bottom