20 gallon stock question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alcomene

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am going to be buying an all inclusive 20 gallon in little over a week. She has it stocked with: 2 angels and 11 others she couldn't remember! Looking at the pics, I saw a couple rasboras, neons, and couldn't see any others, so no clue, but they must be small or they'd be in the pics (& I'm not sure if I will rehome those, since I don't know what's in there. Lol)

I know the angels will need to be rehomed, as the biggest tank I have is a 30 gallon community tank.
I'd like to make this a planted tank.

Also, right now I have: 1 female betta, 3 red finned minor tetras, 3 X-ray tetras, 1 swordtail, 2 albino cories, 1 black mystery snail, 2 pearl gouramis, 6 zebra danios, and 1 cherry shrimp.
I am in the process of cycling a 10 gallon tank, in addition to the 20, so I will be spreading these guys out a bit too. I'd rather under stock.
I was just curious to get some ideas as to how to separate everyone up or what, if anything, I could add.

I am going to be buying an all inclusive 20 gallon in little over a week. She has it stocked with: 2 angels and 11 others she couldn't remember! Looking at the pics, I saw a couple rasboras, neons, and couldn't see any others, so no clue, but they must be small or they'd be in the pics (& I'm not sure if I will rehome those, since I don't know what's in there. Lol)

I know the angels will need to be rehomed, as the biggest tank I have is a 30 gallon community tank.
I'd like to make this a planted tank.

Also, right now I have: 1 female betta, 3 red finned minor tetras, 3 X-ray tetras, 1 swordtail, 2 albino cories, 1 black mystery snail, 2 pearl gouramis, 6 zebra danios, and 1 cherry shrimp.
I am in the process of cycling a 10 gallon tank, in addition to the 20, so I will be spreading these guys out a bit too. I'd rather under stock.
I was just curious to get some ideas as to how to separate everyone up or what, if anything, I could add.

I would split up the two gouramis since they can be very aggressive towards each other.

I would increase the number of cory cats to 4+

Two more sword tails to give you a 1m / 2f ratio.

Add more cherry shrimp but keep them away from the gourami. Pearls tend to get big and would possibly devour the shrimp.

A lot more of the stocking depends on what you're going to get with the new tank.

Oh, wait....they aren't pearls, they are dwarf honey gouramis. Was looking it up and realized I wrote the wrong kind.

Thanks for the info! I def want more albino Cory-they are so fun to watch and more shrimp would be great too.

How do I know if a swordtail is female or male?

Back
Top Bottom