20 Gallon Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gryph

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20 gallon "normal" tank (not long) which I am slowly stocking. It currently has three dwarf puffers in it (at least one male and one female, the other's being a bit androgynous at the moment).

I would like to add more to this tank. I had thought to add two or three more female puffers, and two or three emerald cory catfish. However, I really don't want to overstock. What is a good balance for this tank?

Thank you in advance for taking the time and trouble to reply!

I would say you would be ok with the extra puffers, I would think the cory cats would work as well, but have no real experience with puffers and cories.

Adding?

Well, the question is, how many fish would be okay to add? What's a good balance? Three puffers and three corys? Two puffers, three corys? Two puffers, two corys? I don't want to overpopulate.

Thank you for the reply!

I would keep it a puffer tank only. Puffers tend to be nippy and will likely harass the corys. So to answer your question I would probably go with 1m and 3 or 4f puffers. I do not know if you could add a second male without having too many territorial disputes between the 2. You could try to add some ghost shrimp for a clean up crew. If they puffers eat them it was a cheap meal.

Back
Top Bottom